TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Membership is open to everyone interested in the study of Genealogy and Family History who share the aims and objectives of the society.
- Membership subscriptions are paid annually. The membership year runs from January to December. The Society sends out renewals for payment with the Autumn Journal.
- You may join at anytime and will receive the full complement of quarterly Journals dependent upon the time of year.
- Members who join after 1st September will receive membership for the remainder of that year, and for the whole of the following year.
- A full member may apply for household membership, at a reduced rate, for any person permanently residing at the full member’s address. Only full members receive the Journal. All other society facilities and privileges are open to household members.
- Special rates apply to institutions, other than those in Northumberland and Durham.
- Membership rates are subject to review from time to time.
Please consider paying your subscription using Gift Aid
– use the Yes/No boxes in the forms below
GIFT AID DECLARATION for past & future donationsPlease treat as Gift Aid donations all qualifying gifts of money made in the past 4 years and in the future.I confirm I have paid or will pay an amount of Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax for each tax year (6 April to 5 April) that is at least equal to the amount of tax that all the charities or Community Amateur Sports Clubs (CASCs) that I donate to will reclaim on my gifts for that tax year. I understand that other taxes such as VAT and Council Tax do not qualify.I understand the charity will reclaim 28p of tax on every £1 that I gave up to 5 April 2008 and will reclaim 25p of tax on every £1 that I give on or after 6 April 2008.Please notify the membership secretary (membership@NDFHS.org) if you: want to cancel this declaration; or change your name or home address; or no longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains.If you pay Income Tax at the higher or additional rate and want to receive the additional tax relief due to you, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your self Assessment tax return or ask HM Revenue and Customs to adjust your tax code.
Would you like to help the Society by becoming an online Volunteer?
WE ARE SEEKING ONLINE VOLUNTEERS
The main project is the transcribing and inputting of data. We scan original documents and email them to you, and you input them into a spreadsheet and return them to us for checking. They are then added to our local database and also to the FindMyPast database. We are also seeking volunteers in Northumberland and Durham for photographing and recording monumental inscriptions. If you are interested please contact us by email. (Ndfhsemail@example.com)
You can join or renew your membership by post. You will need to download the application form.
Create or renew your membership
Please allow us 28 days to process new memberships
[Last updated 3rd January 2017]