TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Membership is open to everyone interested in the study of Genealogy and Family History who share the aims and objectives of the society.
- Membership subscriptions are paid annually. The membership year runs from the 1st day of the month when an individual joins the society. A reminder for renewal will be sent electronically a month before the subscription is due. For existing members the membership will continue to be 1st January.
- A full member may apply for household membership, at a reduced rate, for any person permanently residing at the full member’s address. Only full members receive the Journal. All other society facilities and privileges are open to household members.
- Membership rates are subject to review from time to time.
Please consider paying your subscription using Gift Aid
– use the Yes/No boxes in the forms below
GIFT AID DECLARATION for past & future donations Please treat as Gift Aid donations all qualifying gifts of money made in the past 4 years and in the future.I confirm I have paid or will pay an amount of Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax for each tax year (6 April to 5 April) that is at least equal to the amount of tax that all the charities or Community Amateur Sports Clubs (CASCs) that I donate to will reclaim on my gifts for that tax year. I understand that other taxes such as VAT and Council Tax do not qualify.I understand the charity will reclaim 28p of tax on every £1 that I gave up to 5 April 2008 and will reclaim 25p of tax on every £1 that I give on or after 6 April 2008.Please notify the membership secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you: want to cancel this declaration; or change your name or home address; or no longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains.If you pay Income Tax at the higher or additional rate and want to receive the additional tax relief due to you, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your self Assessment tax return or ask HM Revenue and Customs to adjust your tax code.
General Data Protection Regulations
This information is correct as of September 2017.
NDFHS holds the following personal information on members: initials, surname, postal address, and email address. This personal information is held to enable the Society to communicate with members; and to provide services to members e.g. delivering the Society’s Journal.
If you do not wish the Society to hold this data please email us and we will delete that personal data. You will remain a member, but we will, of course, be unable to provide any further services for you.
You can join or renew your membership by post. You will need to download the application form.
Create or renew your membership
You can join or renew your membership online. You will need to use the payment form.
Please allow us 28 days to process new memberships
Would you like to help the Society by becoming an online Volunteer?
WE ARE SEEKING ONLINE VOLUNTEERS
The main project is transcribing and inputting of data. We scan the original documents and email them to you and you input them into a spreadsheet and return them for checking. They are then added to our local database and also to the FinfdMyPast database. We are also seeking volunteers in Northumberland and Durham for photographing and recording monumental inscriptions. If you are interested, please contact us at Ndfhsemail@example.com
[Last updated 24th November 2018]