NDFHS, 3RD FLOOR, MEA HOUSE, ELLISON PLACE, NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE NE1 8XS PHONE NO: 0191 2612159, PLEASE SEND ANY MAIL TO THE ABOVE ADDRESS. www.ndfhs.org.uk
PLEASE NOTE THE REDUCED OPENING TIMES. MON – THURS. 10 am – 3 pm
PLEASE SEND IN RESEARCH REQUESTS TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
We have in the past been able to offer refreshment facilities in our premises, unfortunately, this is no longer possible.
THERE IS A GOOD CAFE’ ON THE GROUND FLOOR AT MEA HOUSE.
BRANCHES – PLEASE USE BRANCHES BUTTON ON THIS PAGE TO ACCESS NEWS OF BRANCHES SPEAKERS PROGRAMMES.
INPUTTERS AND TRANSCRIBERS ALWAYS REQUIRED
Baptisms & Marriages – Contact Gerry Langley email@example.com
Burials, MI’s. images of MIs – Contact John Ward firstname.lastname@example.org
Articles are always welcomed for inclusion in our Quarterly Journal – please contact our Editor: John Ward – email@example.com
The Society, founded in 1975, promotes interest in family history amongst its members and the general public. We invite you to consider joining and to visit our Research Centre at MEA House with its library and other research facilities.
We have a wide range of publications, parish records in particular, for sale.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Free On-Line Records: 900,936 baptisms, 419,370 marriages, 1,302,828 burials plus 417,104 names mentioned in Northumberland and Durham Probate records between 1701 and 1858, and thousands of monumental inscriptions.
- Quarterly Journal by post or email
- Quarterly newsletter by email
- Entry to our Library and Research Centre in Newcastle
- Branch Meetings in North-East England and London
- Four free annual look-ups in the Society’s records
- Members mailing list: members can submit queries and discussion topics for distribution by email to all subscribers, who may choose whether to reply
- North-East Ancestors Forum: open to all, but maximum benefit for members
- Access to member’s family trees: over 2,000 family trees that have been submitted by members
Northumberland and Durham Family History Society, charity registered in England no. 510538
ALL WEBSITE FEEDBACK WELCOME – CONTACT US
[Last updated: 14th May 2019]