|The NDFHS is very pleased to announce
The Library & Research Centre will re-open on Monday 13 July 2020 10 am. Mon-Fri 10-4. Bookings must be made in advance via phone to use the research PCs 0191 2612159. The above will change if lockdown occurs again, or due to a sudden shortage of staff. Everyone will be expected to comply with the new sanitising and distancing procedures.
All researchers must bring their own liquid refreshments with them when they visit.
Please get in touch with Branches to find out about the latest arrangements for Branch Meetings.
SALES – The Society is able through a remote link to send PDF’s attached to e-mails, should the buyer wish to receive a hard copy later on, then this can be arranged when things start to return to normal.
The Society, founded in 1975, promotes interest in family history amongst its members and the general public. We invite you to consider joining and to visit our Research Centre at Percy House with its library and search room.
We have a wide range of publications, parish records in particular, for sale.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Free On-Line Records: 900,936 baptisms, 419,370 marriages, 1,302,828 burials plus 417,104 names mentioned in Northumberland and Durham Probate records between 1701 and 1858, and thousands of monumental inscriptions.
- Quarterly Journal by post or email
- Quarterly newsletter by email
- Entry to our Library and Research Centre in Newcastle
- Branch Meetings in North-East England and London
- Four free annual look-ups in the Society’s records
- Members mailing list: members can submit queries and discussion topics for distribution by email to all subscribers, who may choose whether to reply
- North-East Ancestors Forum: open to all, but maximum benefit for members
- Access to member’s family trees: over 2,000 family trees that have been submitted by members
Northumberland and Durham Family History Society, charity registered in England no. 510538
ALL WEBSITE FEEDBACK WELCOME – CONTACT US
[Last updated: 14th May 2019]