NDFHS, 3RD FLOOR, MEA HOUSE, ELLISON PLACE, NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE NE1 8XS PHONE NO: 0191 2612159, PLEASE SEND ANY MAIL TO THE ABOVE ADDRESS.
PLEASE NOTE THE REDUCED OPENING TIMES. MON – THURS. 10 am – 3 pm
SALES ORDERS ARE BEING DISPATCHED
PLEASE SEND IN RESEARCH REQUESTS TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
UNFORTUNATELY, BECAUSE OF PRESSURE OF SPACE, WE ARE UNABLE TO OFFER ANY REFRESHMENT FACILITIES ON THE PREMISES.
Please get in touch with Branches to find out about the latest arrangements for a Branch Meeting
It is with sorrow that the Society heard about the death of Geoff on June 28th 2021. Our thoughts are with Geoff’s family at this time. Geoff was one of the founding members of the Society and his Membership no was: 0004, and also he was a very likable person. He served as the first Editor of our Journal, 1975-1980, Vice Chair 1987 – 1990 and Chairman 1990-1996. There is so much more to say about Geoff, still very interested in how the Society was moving forward, he even attended the meeting for the South Shields Branch a week before he passed away. Family History and the Society have lost someone who was so knowledgeable about all the many aspects concerning family history and research. Always assisting and advising members and others with their research. He will be remembered by those who knew him, for others through his articles in the Journal or through our website. R.I.P Geoff, always remembered.
The Society, founded in 1975, promotes interest in family history amongst its members and the general public. We invite you to consider joining and to visit our Research Centre at MEA House with its library and other research facilities.
We have a wide range of publications, parish records in particular, for sale.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Free On-Line Records: 900,936 baptisms, 419,370 marriages, 1,302,828 burials plus 417,104 names mentioned in Northumberland and Durham Probate records between 1701 and 1858, and thousands of monumental inscriptions.
- Quarterly Journal by post or email
- Quarterly newsletter by email
- Entry to our Library and Research Centre in Newcastle
- Branch Meetings in North-East England and London
- Four free annual look-ups in the Society’s records
- Members mailing list: members can submit queries and discussion topics for distribution by email to all subscribers, who may choose whether to reply
- North-East Ancestors Forum: open to all, but maximum benefit for members
- Access to member’s family trees: over 2,000 family trees that have been submitted by members
Northumberland and Durham Family History Society, charity registered in England no. 510538
ALL WEBSITE FEEDBACK WELCOME – CONTACT US
[Last updated: 14th May 2019]